Elemental Diet for Patients with Moderate to Severe Gastrointestinal Dysfunction
12 Bags for a 6-week protocol
*Please email to specify if you would prefer Regular or Dextrose Free
Physicians’ Elemental Diet is intended for use under medical supervision for the dietary management of patients with GI dysfunction.
The elemental diet is designed for the dietary management of:
- Irritable bowel and Crohn’s disease,1-6
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO),7-9
- Moderate to severe impaired gastrointestinal function.3, 10-12
Physicians’ Elemental Diet contains a balanced blend of macronutrients fortified with essential vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes to assure comprehensive support as a sole source of nutritional intake for limited periods. It has been:
- Specifically formulated to contain free amino acids, partially hydrolyzed carbohydrate and medium chain triglycerides to aid in their absorption from the GI lumen.
- Designed to maintain nutritional sustenance as a sole source of nutrition for up to four weeks.
- Produced as a strictly hypoallergenic formula, free from intact protein, polypeptides, corn, gluten, wheat, soy, and dairy.
- Formulated with a well-tolerated flavor for improved patient adherence.